Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mike spends 6 hours hugging the toilet

My husband's dedication to reusing/ repairing is unparalleled. Allow me to illustrate: The toilet in the downstairs powder room had caution tape on it when we first toured through the house. Home depot sells new toilets for $100, sounds like a no brainier to me. Mike refuses to spend money on things we already have- and so after 6 hours , 2 trips to our current house to get tools, and 3 arguments between us because of my distaste of his colorful vocabulary choices as he expressed his feelings towards the commode, I heard a flush! I am convinced in a past life he suffered through the depression, or was one of those monks who punished themselves for enlightenment.

3 comments:

  1. A frugal man is worth his weight in gold Janet!!! Your retirement will be heavenly :) ps I LOVE your blog and the house looks FABulous. Wish I were there to help in person.

    ReplyDelete