Saturday, December 3, 2011

Mom, Dad, great to see you! Did you bring your pliers?

This thanksgiving we were very thankful for our family's helping hands.

Chris and Frank (or as we affectionately call them, 'Crank') left the warmth of their Florida abode to visit Mike and I this Thanksgiving. I am happy to report that I successfully coerced them (in their tryptophan laden half-coma) to agree to put in a little elbow grease at our new house. They started out taking up the staples in the guest room - 
they'll be staying there in the future so I figured it was appropriate.
Although he couldn't understand WHY we'd want to remove golf themed border in the master bedroom, Dad ripped it all out


 while Quality Control Christine made sure Mike was on track


Break's over guys, staples don't remove themselves!

Okay, so I feel the need to explain something here, Mom crafted her own ear plugs out of tissue because our tack strip hammering was too loud. 
Function over form people!

The Caponis spend the day at the homestead on Sunday


Mary goes to work on the leaves to make sure we haven't lost any small children under there.
Mama Caponi wielding the leaf blower

Graemey-kins  takes over
Man down! Paula's raking injury

I end the day scraping off the gluey tape that held the bathroom carpet to the tile, one of the nastier things I have done in my life, thank you goo gone! And thank you family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment