Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tire swings and delicious things

We love having visitors, even more so when they bring yum yums! I'm not talking about Cory (or am I?) 
Cory is in town so Nikki swung him by to see the place:


 with deliciousness in toe (again, not talking about Cory. Or am I?)


Nikki said she made these little spheres of heaven - so naturally I giggled at her joke. Come to find out she did make them!   Smack my granny and call me princess. After a few of those I needed a tall glass of milk (Cory?)


She brought just enough for me AND the little ankle biters that showed up today. 


Since Annie is fully entrenched in painting the family room Jeff brought Mietta, Warren, Magnus, and Evalia over to help us out (but mostly because it's the only way they can actually SEE their mother).


Question: How do you get kids to clean without them even knowing it?  
Answer: Rubberband some damp washcloths to their feet and send them on their way.



It really worked, their washcloths were filthy! 

Jeff started the effort to smooth out the ceiling texture in the foyer and library:


Mike was doing most of his work outside (the list has failed me yet again) and when I wandered out there to see how he was doing, well........he was in the midst of hanging a tire swing!


I think is was a list-worthy mission, the kids definitely thought so!


Meanwhile it looks like we have finished the floors upstairs, which inspired a little happy dance





Ended the day by putting the first coat of poly on the floors downstairs.....
T minus 6

1 comment:

  1. Love the kids w/washcloths on their feet. Awesome!! :) Sorry we missed such a productive day yesterday! We will come try out the new Tire Swing - great job, Mikey!! :)

    Not sure how this "comment as" thing works, so it's me, your lovely Neighbor, commenting on your blog - I want credit for this!! :)

    ReplyDelete