Saturday, February 18, 2012

We have lift off!

Sublime.
That is how I should be feeling, but we're in the middle of a house renovation hurricane and we're moving in! Picture one of those nutty weathermen gripping their microphone for dear life, hairpiece flapping in the wind, desparately holding on to the pier while a tsunami of destruction crashes in the background. Now add in an earthquake and locusts....... you get the picture. If you are questioning my logic to select this weekend for the perfect storm of moving and renovation I will remind you that we are paying two mortgages (well technically 4, but thats not the point) and have been since November. There is no money tree and I actually thought twice about chewing a whole piece of gum yesterday when I could stash half a piece away for today (Nana- I make you proud!). We've GOT to get out of Mike's house so we can rent it and I can chew my gum frivolously as I am accustomed to.
Thank goodness I 'gotta guy' who did most of the heavy lifting related to moving. Infact I only took in a few lampshades (and managed to drop one). But I was a little woosely from layering on the final coat of poly to the family room:










Remember this:


We've come a long way

6 comments:

  1. That family room looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toot a horn!

    http://www.sublimefurnitureservice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The floors look A-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks amazing! Welcome HOME!!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the move! Now you can really enjoy all your hard work. You moved in on Landon's 6th birthday so I will remember this one. If you and Mike need new careers you have the pics to show your experience! One never knows when this could come in handy. Stay warm. Luff, Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Amazing transformation! You are a talented writer as well...No Joke! :-)

    ReplyDelete